Thursday, March 24, 2016

Walking

Now here is a pretty mushroom with stems that curl on their own.  I wonder what they taste like or if they are part of the forbidden fruits.    Sure are pretty;.  Love the reflection of the sun on them.   Grace and beauty combined.

Thinking of a morning walk...join the crowd.    A lovely safari picture but I do not think I'd be comfortable leading that parade, jeep or no jeep.

The exercise bunch in D.C.   smile.....   just a new method to get around.   Sure doesn't exercise the legs but I bet those little mobiles are fun to get around in.

Well the rock painting was not last night .  Christine had mixed her dates.   It is next week.    I was all set to go to the meeting, had an old shirt on  to absorb all those little drops but had to settle for a quiet time here in Ridgemont.    I enjoyed lunch with the ladies as Margie visited us.  A birthday lad;y, ninety two this week, a former long time nurse and a very religious lady.   She loves to laugh and we had fun talking about all those new and different 'things' that come along with old age.   She dose not come every day because she is never hungry.   She hasn't had much of an appetite for some months now, but, she finally realized she was getting weak so has made more of an effort to come to the dinner table.   She lets her soup get cold before she eats it.  We were teasing her about only eating her soup and taking her dinner plate back to her apartment.   We are sure she dumps it, but have no proof.   There are several ladies who are rail thin and food does not appeal to them.  I think there is a time when the body starts to shut down and some have a loss of appetite first.    As I have said many times, food is our fuel and it is to our advantage to make sure we eat a good balanced diet.    Balance is the key word especially when one has a sweet tooth.   

I had a good read with Vinnie yesterday, a bit more than halfway into the sequel of '"War and Remembrance".    A few words about Italy and that brought about some conversation about travel.    Vinnie would love to travel and when he makes his billions he is going to go around the world and I can go too.    I don't think I should pack my bags yet., but it was fun to talk about places and faces that we could visit.    As you can tell, we digress and the chapters wait for our return.
 
So today if you have the wander bug, think about where you want to be.   I am betting you are anxious to visit the grandchildren and catch up on some family hugs.    Easter Sunday would be a good day for that.   Make your plans and get going, life is short at best.    Enjoy your family as often as you can and be sure to include some 'best' friends.   Don't forget some Easter chocolates , even a bunny cake would be a treat.   Pack your smile, exercise those arms for hugging and don't forget the hostess gift.   
 
Be good, be kind, be gentle;   use soft words;   light up your eyes and then open up those arms...ah!!!  Love does make our world go around.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...