Sunday, August 14, 2016

New and Old


A truism

Rob and Jeni Davis, a special and a wonderful couple celebrating an anniversary.  Congratulations !


The Home Made Cafe has started serving dinner...a first...and they did  great job.  Delicious!!!

A new generation 

Violet named after her great grandmother Violet Barrette, my old friend who was called to soon but will never be forgotten with her namesake coming right along.   

Saturday turned out to be quite a hot day and a busy one.   I went over to the Gallery with Christine, who was manning the desk for the day, not knowing that a reception was in the making.  We had the door open and all that came in was hot..hot...hot..so the fan went on but did little to relive the heat of the day.    Soon folks started to come in with trays of goodies and we realized it was to be a special reception for several of the lady artists.  A lively bunch, a fun bunch, and I would say all had a great time.   Several paintings were sold along with some of the little specialties made by the artists. Good comments were made about King Louis and his special art stands, which he later told us were made from logs washed up on his back yard beach area.    He is a clever and inventive, a man who loves to create.  It was really nice to see the folks enjoying the art and taking the time to really see it.    As I have said before, we have many really truly talented artists here in Port Orchard.   Christine is a true lover of art and she found yet another picture she cannot leave behind.  It is lovely, a stair well with potted geraniums so alive with color and texture they look real.  I will say one thing for my daughter, she really is a true patron of the arts.    I am thinking of approaching her and ask if she would like to hang a few of her pictures on my walls.  She is running out of wall space at her house.   If she ever gets bored she can open a shop and fill it with books and pictures.  It would be a number one hit in town .

So today, and I have said this before, take a trip to town and go to your local gallery.   Go, look and enjoy the art work of the talented individuals who like to recreate beautiful scenes for you to enjoy.  Patricia has two of my favorites hanging on her wall and I lived with them for years when I babysat them for her.   Both pictures done by an artist by the name of Lucille Marsh were ones you could walk into and share the world of nature at its best.    She offered to let me 'use' them again, but it is time for her to enjoy them.   I have a wall filled with awesome pictures I enjoy every day.  Then going over to the gallery allows me time and pleasure to enjoy the work of the talented artists of Port Orchard.    There really is something for everyone.   You cannot always get to a beach or a walk along a forest pathway when you want to commune with nature;  but...walk into a gallery and you can enjoy the sight of nature at its second best.   Pictures, our lives would be  "blank" without them.  

Be good, be kind, be gentle.   Share YOU today.   Give someone you love a chance to bank in your love, do not be stingy, misers are unhappy people.  Be wise and make your seconds count today.  Be YOU and share your time and talents with those you like and love.    Be a cool breeze on a very hot summer day.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Morning!!!!

I am about to take a ride on my broom....thought you might like to come along!!! Good morning.  I've been awake for hours,  why?   Who k...